People love their affinities. Call us hobbyists, collectors, or connoisseurs. Affinities encompass – the accouterments, pursuit of, hidden treasures, and sharing & expanding of knowledge. We enjoy our affinities and the satisfaction that comes with a shared experience with others who have the same affinity as our own. That satisfying place where we can say “Yes, these are my people!”
Tea Drinkers…come and find your people on Saturday, May 7. The 2nd Annual Midwest Tea Fest. Kansas City’s very own shared affinity for all things ‘Tea-ing‘ in the Midwest. How we drink our tea, why we drink tea, the accouterments, tea sippings, and simply connecting with others who share your affinity for tea.
All types of tea, all types of tea drinking life styles, all types of people. The tea community – gathered together in one place sharing the experience of “tea-ing” in Kansas City.
The Teashop Family is excited to be a part of this amazing event in Kansas City! We will be in our Anna Tea Shop booth sampling 20 of our favorite teas through out the day. Look for Brenda over at the Cafe Tea Tastings and Two special Tea Presentations. We look forward meeting new faces and embracing old tea friends. A place where we say “Yes. These are my people”.
Anna Tea Shop’s Presentations:
Flavoring Your Tea Naturally at 1:00PM and Lifestyles of “Tea-ing” in America at 3:00PM.
The signature fundraising event for Carolyn’s Pennies is The Teal Tea. Bringing together ovarian cancer survivors, families, and friends this special event raises money to help provide support to current ovarian cancer patients. Guests enjoy an elegant afternoon tea, silent auctions raffles, and local talent. And guest’s take home a tasty tea party favor…
Carolyn and Russ also give each of their Teal Tea guests a party favor to take home. A little package that includes two bags of Carolyn’s Pennies Tea – Anna Tea Shop’s Cinnamon Almond Tea. A smooth black tea with just the right amount of cinnamon, apple bits and almonds.
This year’s Teal Tea will be held on May 1, 2016 at The View at Briarcliff. 1-3:30PM. Tickets are still available or pay at the door.
Carolyn’s Pennies has raised over ninety thousand dollars to support its mission. This money goes directly to women currently fighting against this silent killer. Providing them support, information, and assistance.
The Terrace Avenue Inn has become a valuable business over the past nine years – welcoming travelers from all over the world, hosting family gathering and becoming a tradition for returning anniversary and birthday celebrations.
We are searching for that someone wanting to enjoy the pleasure of owning a 2900 square foot Dutch Colonial Style Home. Built in 1923 furnished with antiques and decorated to welcome customers to comfortable luxury drenched in peace and quiet. The Terrace Avenue Inn B & B is located in one of Liberty’s Historical Districts.
- Large porch with porch swing
- Bedroom, with private entry, full bathroom with tile floor, dressing area
- Kitchen with eating area, deep stainless steel sink, granite counter-top
- Formal dining room with faux antique mantel
- Foyer, with banister steps
- Living Room
- Large Master Bedroom with California King Bed
- Double closets, large full bath with Jacuzzi Tub, double sink vanity, large rainfall shower, tile floors
- Private tree top balcony porch with porch swing and sitting area
- Small Bedroom with walk-in closet
- 2 additional 2nd floor rooms presently used for office space. Could also be used as additional bedrooms
- Hall bath, full bath with tile floor
- Two staircases – front and back
- all 3 bathrooms, electrical, plumbing and roof new in 2007
- Laundry chute in second floor hall leads to kitchen
- Natural gas heating
- Central air
- Parking lot for 5 cars accessed by alley
- Gardens with board-walk leading from parking lot to outdoor patio sitting area and back door of home
- Wood privacy fence separating gardens and patio sitting area and neighbors back yards
Final notes from Brenda Hedrick, innkeeper:
I love this house and will be sad to no longer be the innkeeper of the Terrace Avenue Inn. However, we are fully expanding our Anna Tea Shop Tea Business – and I am finding there are only so many hours in the day! 🙂
Hoping to have one of you as my new neighbor!
For more information please call Brenda at 816-792-0418 or text her at 816-863-5941. Business Outlay is available upon request.