How to brew your favorite cup of tea
- Preheat teapot or vessel with hot water.
- Bring filtered or drinking water to correct temperature.
- Measure 1 teaspoon of tea per 8 oz. cup. Place tea in brewing basket, infuser, or disposable tea infuser.
- Dump warming water. Pour in tea water.
- Place brew basket in tea pot.
- Brew tea for recommended time.
Black tea, Herbals, Rooibos 195-212° just below boiling
Oolong Tea 203° just below boiling
Green Tea 140° or very hot
White Tea 185° or very hot
Recommended Brewing Times for Different Teas
Black tea, Herbals, Rooibos for 3-6 min.
Oolong Tea for 3-4 min.
Green Tea for 2-6 min.
White Tea some at 2-3 min. Some white at 7-10 min.
And for those who love iced tea – here is an easy recipe for Cold Brew Iced Tea