Tea for Healing
Recently we’ve been thinking a lot about the different reasons we love tea so much. Tea can do so many things for us but one of the most poignant is healing effect it can have on our bodies.
Currently, Brenda’s brother-in-law is being treated for cancer. Guess what some of the doctor’s orders were…drink four cups of tea a day! We weren’t surprised to say the least. But for someone who doesn’t drink tea regularly this seemed like a monumental undertaking.
However, with Brenda’s help, he learned how to Brew the Perfect Cup of Tea. She also put together a gift set for him, part of which was some of our Ceremonial Matcha. The matcha is really the star of the show when it comes to healing the body and encouraging healthy cell generation! It contains many potent antioxidants, one of which is EGCg which may aid in the prevention of cancer. Furthermore, matcha also contains compounds called Catechins which researchers believe may not only slow or stop the progression of cancer cells, but possibly even kill them!
After learning the ins and outs of tea from the master herself he was ready to begin his tea journey! But she’s not done with him yet! Next on her list for him are our Green Tea Bundle and our Relaxing Herbals Tea Sampler. The teas in both of these sets are sure to calm the stress and help the healing of the body!
Another longtime Tea Shop friend drank tea for healing during her cancer treatment too!
This isn’t the first time we’ve seen tea help someone heal during their cancer treatment. One of our dear friends Joyce King Vazquez has told us her story of how tea helped her overcome Stage 4 Throat Cancer! Read her inspiring story here! Some of her favorites include Mountain Mao Feng Green (a Chinese green tea) and Golden Pu-Erh (a premium black Chinese tea that is semi-fermented).
As Brenda says:
“I began my tea journey because of health issues. It has led to better health and lots of pleasure for me.”
New Tea Shop Location – March 4
Our little Tea Shop is moving to a cozy new location!
7 W. Franklin St – Liberty, MO 64068
New Hours /// Tuesday-Thursday 10-5pm /// Friday-Saturday 10-6pm
So excited and feeling very blessed to be returning to our roots – the Downtown Liberty Square. Truly a joy to once again be located and a part of the amazing Historic Downtown Merchants and Liberty Square. We say thank you to all the Small Business friends who have continued to embrace and support us these past 8 years while we have been off the square and busy inn-keeping! 🙂
Other than our Tea Shop moving EVERY other part of our tea business continues to be business-as-usual.
- Monthly Themed Tea Parties – Still in Brenda’s 1913 Home
- Online Tea Ordering
- Free Delivery – Liberty Area
- Free Shipping on $50
- Living Well Workshops – some workshops will held in the same location as the Tea Parties and some will be held at the new Tea Shop location.
Historic homes seem be in this tea shop family tree – and we will surely miss this 1928 Dutch Colonial home. But, super excited to be moving to our street side tea shop on the north east corner of Main and Franklin. Next door neighbors to Hammerhand Coffee and Casablanca Salon.
Be sure to call 816-792-8777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to visit the Tea Shop between Feb. 24-28. Now would be a great time to try out our Online Tea Ordering and take advantage of the Free Shipping or Free Delivery!
Can’t wait to see you at 7 W. Franklin St and be sure to read about our NEW HOURS!!
Join our family in celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas. Starting today through January 6 make each Day special!
Do something that makes every day a mini-joyful celebration! A mini-joyful celebration could be inviting a friend over for a cup of tea or even as simple as pausing a moment and seeing the gift of today. Often the best presents are just being present in the moment with the person you are with!
AFTER CHRISTMAS SALE! Call in to place your order or stop by the Teashop.
40% Off of all the following:
- Christmas Tea Cozies
- Byers’ Choice Carolers
- Byers’ Choice Trees – table top – perfect for villages and other Christmas Displays
Christopher Radko – buy 3 get 1 free! Prices are either $10 or $15 per ornament
Hours: Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday 10-4pm – 816-792-8777 – email@example.com
As we were planning for the Christmas Tea Parties I asked Brenda to sift through some of her favorite old recipe cards she grew up making on her family farm. Apple Dumplings was the first recipe she chose. A special recipe of grandmother Ida Gall. A yummy vintage recipe loaded with precious memories. I love the fact the old recipe card even says “serve warm with half and half”. A hot messy delight for ANY apple lover, right?!? Special holiday recipes seem to wrap us up at Christmas time. Comforting flavors and rich fragrances.
Right now the teashop is wafting in sweet deliciousness. In every nook and around every corner I’m smelling a touch of freshly scooped premium loose teas. The Christmas Tea Bundle is the best gift for your money. A great $25 gift that will brew over 50 cups of tea! Our brand new Winter Apple Herbal is in the bundle. This herbal is so so tasty and the fragrance is divine. Fruity, lightly sweet and chock full of comfort & cozy. Now enjoy 15% site wide through this weekend!! Coupon code 15OFF
Apple Dumplings Recipe
from Ida Gall, Brenda’s Grandmother
- 1/c cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3-3/4 cup milk
- 6 apples peeled and cored – tart apples are best!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups hot water
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening with pastry cutter. Add milk and stir to form a ball. Turn onto board, knead few times, roll to 1/8″ thick. Cut into circles large enough to hold an apple. Place apple on dough.
Combine cinnamon and sugar. Fill cavity of apple with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Dot with butter. Close dough. Place upside down in pan – not too close. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Decrease to 350° and bake till toothpick inserts easily into apple. (about 45 minutes – your home will smell divine!)
Baste frequently with juices from the pan. Sprinkle small amount of nutmeg and cinnamon on top. Serve with milk or half and half while still warm from your oven!
Ready to shrink your shopping list?
Our tea cupboards are chock full to the brim and overflowing with yummy tea bundles, Artisan Tea Tins wrapped in ribbon, and functional gifts…that are gorgeous, too!
We’ve gathered together our absolute Best Sellers, Family Faves, and a few brand new 2016 items. Be sure to take advantage of these deals:
- FREE SHIPPING on $50 orders & local delivery
- 20% OFF orders over $100 thru 12-9-16 use code: over100
- Place your online order this weekend and receive a “KEEP CALM & DRINK TEA” drink coaster with any order. 🙂
So, grab a cup of tea and get to shopping!
Teaware & Foodies
- Anna Marie’s Tea Mug – $8.95
- Curve Tea Mug with Infuser – $23.95
- Perfect Cup of Teaspoon – $4.99
- Brenda’s Signature Scone Mix – $5.99
- Elizabethan Lemon Curd – $9.00
Premium Loose Leaf Tea
- Artisan Tea Cans – *BEST SELLER* $11-$22
- Christmas Tea Bundle *BEST SELLER* $25
- Tea Bag Gift Tins – *BEST SELLER* $7.95
- 7 Days of Chocolate Tea Bundle – $25
- Green Tea Bundle – $25
- Downton Abby Christmas Tea – $12
Tea Fix and Tea Club
Larry is back this week to begin our annual trek through the wild world of Christmas decorating at Anna Marie’s. Since 1994 our family has begun Christmas early and thank God we have our “favorite Larry” to partner with. Larry is setting up a brand new Christmas Ornament Room – with retired Christopher Radko from several personal collections and other Christmas-worthy treats.
Also, join Brenda at the Irish Crystal on November 10 as she debuts our tea cans and serves up tea tastings at their Christmas Open House!
- Nov 10 from 4-8pm at the Irish Crystal for their beautiful Christmas Open House. She will be pouring cups of tea for customers and ringing in a very special Crystal Christmas Open House.
- Nov 19 from 10:30-3:30 – Scones, Tea, Samples and Sales – Scone Making and Brewing Demos all day, fresh scone bites to munch, and lots of teas to sample. Fresh, loose mulling spiced cider. Gift ideas, Tea Bundles and everything to start your holiday shopping lists.
- Nov 26 from 10-4pm – Hometown Holidays – Grab a Historic Downtown Liberty Passport and visit lots of local shops for specials and Christmas delights. Family activities on the square from 2-4:30pm. THANK YOU FOR Shopping Small & Local!
- Nov 26 from 10-4 – Anna Marie’s Teas Christmas Open House – with our brand new Christmas Ornament Room! Retired, vintage, and hard-to-find original Christopher Radko glass ornaments. These are the real deal – made in Poland, Germany, Czeck Republic and Italy.
We love tea. But, if you know our family…you know we love people even more! It’s a great day when a door opens and these two worlds (tea+people) collide.
We feel this new door opening with our artisan tea cans. Our gorgeous hand-drawn artisan labels are popping up in unique and special locations. Hammerhand Coffee, Irish Crystal, and The Elms Hotel and Spa.
22 of our premium leaves, rooibos, and herbals are available in the artisan cans with the simple pencil sketches of the young artist. Her nature-inspired idea won our hearts. The simplistic yet refined sketches speak the nature, the earthy, and the timeless way the tea leaf has given people a place for celebration and a place to heal. A place to feel good.
So, have you seen the cans? They are beautiful! And to see the artisan tea cans you have to know the artist. Lee. Lee is a darling woman from Columbia, Missouri. A new mom (baby is almost here – like a trickle of days away!) A full time art and design student for ten years allowed Lee the skills to execute any design challenge.
Lee is currently a full time design team member at Pinnacle Graphics helping her mom Kim with a variety of design projects. Most recently, the two designed the logo, package design and illustrations for Anna Marie’s Tea. Once Kim finalized the logo, Lee completed three beautiful pencil sketches for representing the Leaves, Rooibos, and Herbals that we carry.
A diverse line of nature that is loose, premium and trustworthy.
We are so excited to have prints of Lee’s hand drawn pencil sketches in our new location! 7 W. Franklin Street. The natural and organic look is so pretty tucked into the re-purposed historic location on the Liberty Square!
The Terrace Avenue Inn has become a valuable business over the past nine years – welcoming travelers from all over the world, hosting family gathering and becoming a tradition for returning anniversary and birthday celebrations.
We are searching for that someone wanting to enjoy the pleasure of owning a 2900 square foot Dutch Colonial Style Home. Built in 1923 furnished with antiques and decorated to welcome customers to comfortable luxury drenched in peace and quiet. The Terrace Avenue Inn B & B is located in one of Liberty’s Historical Districts.
- Large porch with porch swing
- Bedroom, with private entry, full bathroom with tile floor, dressing area
- Kitchen with eating area, deep stainless steel sink, granite counter-top
- Formal dining room with faux antique mantel
- Foyer, with banister steps
- Living Room
- Large Master Bedroom with California King Bed
- Double closets, large full bath with Jacuzzi Tub, double sink vanity, large rainfall shower, tile floors
- Private tree top balcony porch with porch swing and sitting area
- Small Bedroom with walk-in closet
- 2 additional 2nd floor rooms presently used for office space. Could also be used as additional bedrooms
- Hall bath, full bath with tile floor
- Two staircases – front and back
- all 3 bathrooms, electrical, plumbing and roof new in 2007
- Laundry chute in second floor hall leads to kitchen
- Natural gas heating
- Central air
- Parking lot for 5 cars accessed by alley
- Gardens with board-walk leading from parking lot to outdoor patio sitting area and back door of home
- Wood privacy fence separating gardens and patio sitting area and neighbors back yards
Final notes from Brenda Hedrick, innkeeper:
I love this house and will be sad to no longer be the innkeeper of the Terrace Avenue Inn. However, we are fully expanding our Anna Tea Shop Tea Business – and I am finding there are only so many hours in the day! 🙂
Hoping to have one of you as my new neighbor!
For more information please call Brenda at 816-792-0418 or text her at 816-863-5941. Business Outlay is available upon request.
So, right now we just thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being so good to us. We are here with plenty of tea ready for you and ready to ship! Please excuse us if we act a little distracted (Selena already shipped out the cordless shop phone packed in a tea shipment headed for Mississippi!) and please drink lots and lots and lots of tea!!! 🙂
I’ve loved you more than I’ve ever loved any woman and I’ve waited for you longer than I’ve waited for any woman. – Rhett Butler
As our grey chilly winter continues; we see Valentine’s Day peeking her loving eyes around the corner here at the Teashop! We love to keep out the soft stringed lights and red bows romantically transformed with Vintage Hearts made of paper and tissue into a sweet Valentine’s Retreat!
When it comes to tea, we find there are so many yummy and delightful ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day! How about a chocolate covered friendship celebrated with our $25 tea bundle called 7 Days of Chocolate? Or a lavish tea party called Gone with the Wind Valentine’s Tea or commiserate with us at our Farewell to Downton Abbey Tea Party?
But, that’s not all…how about a little Rest and Relaxtion at the “B & B with the Tea”? Time to enjoy a romantic and wintry Valentine’s Package at The Terrace Avenue Inn. This package is free and totally included when you book your Valentine’s weekend at the Inn!
Romantic and wintry…the perfect combination for a weekend away on a cold February weekend in Historic Downtown Liberty. Plan a stay-cation or a mini-vacation to visit our little oasis called The Terrace Avenue Inn. Al and Brenda’s “B & B and Tea” Valentine’s Package will be included at no extra charge when you book either one or two nights at the Inn on February 12 and 13. Truly a cozy place to escape and a wonderful way to sip, savor and relax a weekend away with tea!
“B & B and Tea” Valentine’s Package includes:
- Valentine’s Treat Platter – A tasty combination of savory and sweet treats served in your room with a complimentary beverage.
- Cream Tea – Also, upon your check-in from 4-6pm you will be served a traditional “Cream Tea”. The Cream Tea includes scones, mock Devon-shire cream and a pot of our award winning Red Velvet Rooibos. A caffeine-free chocolaty treat!
- A souvenir tea mug to take home! Satin-etched, crystal clear 13 oz mug with logos.
The B & B and Tea Valentine’s Package is available for either room The Terrace Suite or The Cottage Nook. Call soon to book your special Valentine’s Day Getaway and Package with Brenda at 816-792-0418!