I’ve loved you more than I’ve ever loved any woman and I’ve waited for you longer than I’ve waited for any woman. – Rhett Butler
As our grey chilly winter continues; we see Valentine’s Day peeking her loving eyes around the corner here at the Teashop! We love to keep out the soft stringed lights and red bows romantically transformed with Vintage Hearts made of paper and tissue into a sweet Valentine’s Retreat!
When it comes to tea, we find there are so many yummy and delightful ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day! How about a chocolate covered friendship celebrated with our $25 tea bundle called 7 Days of Chocolate? Or a lavish tea party called Gone with the Wind Valentine’s Tea or commiserate with us at our Farewell to Downton Abbey Tea Party?
But, that’s not all…how about a little Rest and Relaxtion at the “B & B with the Tea”? Time to enjoy a romantic and wintry Valentine’s Package at The Terrace Avenue Inn. This package is free and totally included when you book your Valentine’s weekend at the Inn!
Romantic and wintry…the perfect combination for a weekend away on a cold February weekend in Historic Downtown Liberty. Plan a stay-cation or a mini-vacation to visit our little oasis called The Terrace Avenue Inn. Al and Brenda’s “B & B and Tea” Valentine’s Package will be included at no extra charge when you book either one or two nights at the Inn on February 12 and 13. Truly a cozy place to escape and a wonderful way to sip, savor and relax a weekend away with tea!
“B & B and Tea” Valentine’s Package includes:
- Valentine’s Treat Platter – A tasty combination of savory and sweet treats served in your room with a complimentary beverage.
- Cream Tea – Also, upon your check-in from 4-6pm you will be served a traditional “Cream Tea”. The Cream Tea includes scones, mock Devon-shire cream and a pot of our award winning Red Velvet Rooibos. A caffeine-free chocolaty treat!
- A souvenir tea mug to take home! Satin-etched, crystal clear 13 oz mug with logos.
The B & B and Tea Valentine’s Package is available for either room The Terrace Suite or The Cottage Nook. Call soon to book your special Valentine’s Day Getaway and Package with Brenda at 816-792-0418!
This is a requested favorite. Although it is simply ideal for fall and winter breakfasts – we enjoy it year round because of the tart sweet flavors that compliment a simple egg dish any day!
- Granny Smith Apples – peeled, pared and cubed
- To Taste: Dark Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Butter
- Mock Devonshire Cream
- Sliced Toasted Almonds
Stir apples, butter, cinnamon, and dark brown sugar up in saucepan. Add about 1/4″ water to bottom of pan. Cook till just a little soft.
- Serve in pretty compote glasses topped with a dollop of Mock Devonshire Cream and toasted almonds.
- Be sure to visit our website and come and visit us!
Terrace Avenue Inn Egg Cups
A signature dish that we love to serve with fresh scones, fresh fruit and premium tea!
- Bacon or ham – enough for 2-3 tablespoons per ramekin
- Eggs – enough for two per ramekin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350° and butter ramekins. Place 2-3 tablespoons of sauteed meat in each ramekin. Add 2 eggs to each ramekin – piercing the egg yolks. Salt and pepper to taste. 1 last dollop of butter (about a teaspoon) on top.
Place ramekins in a baking dish with about 1/2-1″ space between each one. Pour 1/2″ of boiling water into the baking dish. Cover with foil Bake for 20 minutes. Check if egg whites are set. If not bake another 1-2 minutes.
Be sure to visit our website! The Terrace Avenue Inn