Enjoyed during our Thanksgiving Tea 2016, this Autumn Bisque Recipe was simply amazing!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups chicken broth divided
- 3 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- garnish – sunflower seeds
In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt olive oil and butter. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery and cook for about 8 minutes. Or until veggies are tender.
Vegetable Broth: Add two cups of chicken broth and simmer for 3 minutes; remove from heat, and cool for 15 minutes. Pour broth mixture into a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
Add remaining vegetable back to the stockpot and add the remaining chicken broth, pumpkin puree, and, coconut milk. Simmer covered for 15 minutes. Stir in salt, cayenne pepper, and thyme and simmer for another 10 minutes. Pour into bowls and garnish with sunflower seeds.
Makes 6 servings. Recipe adapted from Victoria Magazine October 2015