Making the Perfect Iced Tea
- Measure out 64oz (8 cups) of fresh, cold water. Heat to desired temperature depending on the type of tea you are using.
- Steep 3 1/2 Tbsp of tea leaves in the hot water for the same time you would do if preparing a cup of hot tea (ie, 5 minutes for black tea, 2-3 minutes for green, etc.)
- Remove tea leaves from water and pour the hot tea over a pitcher of ice. Ice will dilute tea and cool it down quickly. You can add more ice if needed. Cooling your tea over ice will help prevent clouding. If you still experience any clouding in your iced tea, add a touch of boiling water.
- Sweet Add-ins pomegranate juice, honey, 1/2 cup of fruit juices, Southern Simple Syrup
- Fruit Add-ins Fruit always makes a festive add-in. Frozen fruit can help act as a cooling agent. Fruit dipped in Simple Syrup will add a touch of sweet along with the fruity flavor.
- Fresh Herbs Herbs such as mint, sage, lemongrass, lavender, basil, verbena, and lemon balm will add fresh flavor and pizazz to your pitcher of iced tea.
Fun additions can jazz up your tea! Consider these options for every day or that special party…