White Cheddar and Olive Tea Sandwich
A delicious party appetizer. Makes a fantastic spread or made into sandwiches.
- 3/4 pound sharp white cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped Spanish olives
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 loaf of party pumpernickel bread or regular pumpernickel bread
Simply combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use. We lightly butter our bread prior to using the spread. Cut the crusts off and then cut into sandwiches.
A tangy sandwich that is good with a sweet dessert! If gogi berries are hard to find golden currants are a good substitute.
- 18 2″ squares very thin wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons country Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-light olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups finely shredded, cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup cooked multi-grain rice
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread squares on a baking sheet and toast lightly until crisp. About 6-10 minutes.
In a container of a blender combine champagne vinegar, shallots, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Blend until mixture is uniform.
With motor running slowly add oil, blending until mixture thickens. Set vinaigrette aside.
In a large bowl, combine turkey, rice, celery and gogi berries. Gently mix vinaigrette and turkey mixture. Spoon mixture on toasted points just before serving.
Strawberry Tea Cake with Fresh Strawberry Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup frozen strawberries thawed
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 9″ loaf pan with cooking spray with flour. Whisk all dry ingredients together. Combine eggs, strawberries and oil. Add dry ingredients, then almonds. Bake approximately 1hour or test center with a toothpick.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan then remove and cool for 20 minutes on rack. Place on platter and drizzle glaze on bread.
Fresh Strawberry Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pureed fresh strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
This is a beautiful open face sandwich with sliced strawberries on top.
- 1 – 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices honey-wheat bread, crust removed, cut into thirds, and toasted
- 1 – 1 lb. package strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
Mix together first 6 ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spread cream cheese mixture onto toasted bread. Garnish with three strawberries each. Recipe from TeaTime Magazine
This is a requested favorite. Although it is simply ideal for fall and winter breakfasts – we enjoy it year round because of the tart sweet flavors that compliment a simple egg dish any day!
- Granny Smith Apples – peeled, pared and cubed
- To Taste: Dark Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Butter
- Mock Devonshire Cream
- Sliced Toasted Almonds
Stir apples, butter, cinnamon, and dark brown sugar up in saucepan. Add about 1/4″ water to bottom of pan. Cook till just a little soft.
- Serve in pretty compote glasses topped with a dollop of Mock Devonshire Cream and toasted almonds.
- Be sure to visit our website and come and visit us!
Can a tea sandwich really taste this good and be this good for you? We love this recipe and give many thanks to Shelley and Bruce Richardson for sharing this yummy sandwich in their recipe book The Tea Table. If you click on the link and you can see it for sale on our website.
- 1 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 loaf rye, whole wheat or black olive bread
Chop all ingredients (except bread) in a food processor to make a coarse paste. Season with salt and pepper. Spread on slice of hearty bread. Top with another slice. Trim all edges, then slice diagonally into four triangle sandwiches.
Sharp cheddar cheese and rolled out multi-grain bread make this rollup recipe easy, quick and tasty. The spread is good to make a couple of days ahead of time. This recipe makes a great tea sandwich and a great appetizer for parties.
Spiral Cheese Tasties
- 3/4 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pimento
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices mulch-grain bread
Combine all ingredients and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Trim crusts from bread. Roll bread flat with rolling pin. Spread cheese mixture over bread and roll into cylinder. Trim ends. Slice 1/2″ thick. From Tea Time Magazine
Spicy Pimiento & Cheddar Tea Sandwich We served this sandwich at our Downton Abbey Christmas Tea and also the Epiphany Tea. Makes a hearty appetizer. We also call it the Spicy Cherry Pepper & Cheese!
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pimientos, drained
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pumpernickel bread
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the bread. Cover and chill until ready to use. Add more hot sauce or cayenne pepper for a spicier flavor.
Evenly spread the cheese mixture on one slice of bread, then top with the second slice or top. Cut off crusts. Serve immediately or chill in a sealed container with slightly damp paper towels covering the sandwiches.
Smoked Chicken, Tomato and Spinach Tea Sandwich
- 4 chicken breasts
- liquid smoke
- Lapsang Souchong Superior Tea Leaves
- 1/4 cup cooked crispy bacon, crumbled
- fresh spinach leaves
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes – drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots Coat chicken breasts in liquid smoke and ground Lapsang Souchong Superior Tea Leaves. Bake until done. Chop and shred chicken coarsely. Stir in bacon and dressing. Make into sandwiches – layering each sandwich with spinach leaves on top of chicken mixture.
Enjoy this syrup as a yummy sweetener for iced or hot tea.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- piece of fresh ginger cut into pieces
Bring to a light boil and reduce heat. Simmer till sugar dissolves. As the liquid cools it will thicken just a bit.